Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bridal Shower Gifts

Whenever I give a gift, I love to make it personal.  One of the best ways to accomplish this is to knit the gift.  In two weeks the Armstrongs (my second family without really being related) will be giving me a bridal shower.  I'm not sure how to describe just how excited I am.

First, I have to say that I'm thrilled to be getting married.  My career has been the driver in my life for the last few years.  While I've always wanted to get married, I was never the girl that dreamt about a big wedding and a huge ball gown.  Now to have it come true for me, to have a personal life that trumps my professional one, well, it's fantastic and still sometimes surprising.

Coral and her mom, Mrs. Armstrong, know how to throw a party.  These ladies know details and the importance of wine (and Miller Lite!).  I'm excited for my friends to get to experience one of their soirees!  As a thank you to Coral and Mrs. Armstrong, part of my present to them is a knitted gift.


The completed pair.  I used a pattern from Debbie Bliss's book :: The Knitter's Year.  So that the flowers last forever and can be changed depending on the season, I used fake flowers.   


Don't they make cute desk companions! 


A close up of my knitting. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...